Re: [REPRODUCABLE BUGS] Linux 2.5.66

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@infradead.org)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 22:19:31 EST

> I've encountered two reproducable bugs, and one feature which can and can not
> be called bug:
>
> 1. Radeon frame buffer driver doesn't support mode change in kernel boot
> params. In 2.6.65 it is OK.
>
> append line from lilo.conf
>
> append = " hdd=ide-scsi video=radeon:1024x768-24@100"
>
> No mether what is in video=radeon:..., resolution is always set to 80x30 with
> 60Hz refresh.

Its radeonfb now instead of radeon. Alot of drivers where broken in this
way. Now every driver follows a standard.

> 2. Radeon frame buffer mode switching gives unexpected results. When switching
> from lower res to higher, switching is ok but you still have old chararcter
> res. eg. 80x30. The text is located in upper left corner, and the right side
> off the text area is filled with garbage. Bellow text area there is nothing.

For console resizing try using stty cols xxx rows xx.

Fbset hasn't been updated to the new changes yet. I plan to fix up fbset
and also maybe stty. The tty layer can work on the pixel level. See struct
winsize in asm/termios.h

> 3. Cursor disapears when moving with cursor keys. This is very annoying when
> you are editing text for example.
>
> My config is attached, gcc version is 2.95.3, modutils 2.4.21.

I didn't notice this. I will track it down.