Re: Ded-Fat 8.0 and ext3

From: Richard B. Johnson (root@chaos.analogic.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 09:33:29 EST

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 15:11, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
>
> > I did not bother to go any further than `make oldconfig` and
> > `make dep` in this "Show-and-tell". As previously reported,
>
> as previously report to YOU: you have to do a make mrproper first.
> Then it just works.

Look at the damn script. It does every possible:
make clean
make distclean
make mrproper (line 71)

It's hard to find because script got broken in that distribution,
too.

Again look at the evidence, rather than just barking back a
retort.

> I've not received a SINGLE report where starting with make mrproper
> didn't fix this issue. You can claim I ignore this issue, but I don't.
> It's just not an issue at all so far!

Well you got more than a "SINGLE" report now. Please check it out.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.20 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).