Re: Ptrace hole / Linux 2.2.25

From: Brian Tinsley (btlists@emageon.com)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 20:29:27 EST

Juan Quintela wrote:

>Here, I completely agree with Pavel, you should never tell that
>sentence in that list :) You should use a vendor kernel only if:
>- you don't know how to compile your own, and you are not interested
> in learn how to do it.
>- you are lazy, and think that it is _easier_ for you to use a vendor
> kernel.

OR :

- you work for people that absolutely freak out because you compile
and/or patch your own kernel (yet you continue to torture them by doing
so - hehe)

- you spend 80 hours a week on your job and don't have time to mess with
building and maintaining your own kernels (where's the laziness here?)

- you are subject to certain rules and regulations that require a
"vendor" to stand behind the various pieces of software that comprise
your system (yeah I know, really lame, but a reality)