Re: BitBucket: GPL-ed KitBeeper clone

From: Pavel Machek (pavel@ucw.cz)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 07:29:03 EST

Hi!

> You can wave your wand, and the soft changeset will turn into a universal
> diff or a BK changeset. But it's obviously a lot cleaner, extensible,
> flexible and easier to process automatically than a text diff. It's an
> internal format, so it can be improved from time to time with little or no
> breakage.
>
> Did that make sense?

Yes.

Some kind of better-patch is badly needed.

What kind of data would have to be in soft-changeset?
* unique id of changeset
* unique id of previous changeset
(two previous if it is merge)
? or would it be better to have here
whole path to first change?
* commit comment
* for each file:
** diff -u of change
** file's unique id
** in case of rename: new name (delete is rename to special dir)
** in case of chmod/chown: new permissions
** per-file comment

? How to handle directory moves?

Does it seem sane? Any comments?

--
				Pavel
Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...