CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE and "console=ttyX" isn't working (bug?)

From: Sebastian 'yath' Schmidt (yath@yath.eu.org)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 14:13:15 EST

Hi there,

I wanted to use tty2 as boot console (where the printk() stuff goes to,
just to prevent misunderstandings), so I booted with "console=tty2".
Nevertheless, the printk() stuff is printed to tty1, though the output
of init goes correctly to tty2.

FYI, the first line I can see on tty1 is "Console: switching to color
frame buffer device...", the first line on tty2 is "INIT: Starting ...".

I dunno if I misunderstood something with CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE and/or
CONFIG_FB_* - maybe the latter breaks the first one?
(BTW, I found this bug(?) on 2.4.18 and 2.4.20, both vanilla)

Any suggestions?

Sebastian