[BUG][2.5.64bk4] Weird problem with 2 PCs

From: Shawn Starr (spstarr@sh0n.net)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 17:49:40 EST

I don't have an oops/panic to give because the box won't dump one on this
issue.

I have two PCs, an A7M266-D Athlon MP 2000+ and an IBM 300PL 6892-N2U PIII
(Katmai) 450Mhz. If I leave the IBM machine on for a few hours or so, it's
idle and just handling my mail/dns. The problem happens when I turn on the
A7M266-D the other box locks up and reboots (due to panic=80). ksyslog/klogd
aren't dumping any oopes to my logfile so I'm unable to capture the bug.

1. The PCs are connected via a router to my network.

2. The PCs are connected via serial port together (possibly causing the oops
with interrupts?)

Note, when I turn off and on the A7M266-D the IBM will not panic. It's only
when the IBM is powered on for a few hours (if thats any help in narrowing
down things).

When It did panic, It reported __run_timers and a held spinlock by
linux/timer.c but the EIP was 00000000 (garbage).

Anyone else noticing strange things like this? This is really annoying :-(