Re: UP local APIC is deadly on SMP Athlon

From: Ion Badulescu (ionut@badula.org)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 16:49:24 EST

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:

> Don't do this. I am pretty sure it will break all Intels. I still cannot
> understand why this fixes your AMD Athlon problem.

Oh, I don't doubt it -- it was just the result of my process of
elimination, trying to find the change that broke it in 2.4.10-pre12.

Somebody who understands the APIC stuff better than I do will have to draw
some conclusions from this little experiment...

Thanks,
Ion

--
  It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
            than to open it and remove all doubt.