Re: [RFC] klibc for 2.5.59 bk

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 00:50:17 EST

Kai Germaschewski wrote:
> I did some work on integrating klibc into kbuild now. I used your patch as
> guide line, though I started from scratch with klibc-0.77. The build
> should work fine (reminder: "make KBUILD_VERBOSE=0 ..." will give you much

woo hoo! Thanks much. I was sorta hoping you would step in and help
out with the kbuild issues ;-)

> To do something more useful than "hello world", I actually moved some part
> of finding / mounting the final root system into userspace, though only
> conditional on CONFIG_INITRAMFS.

FWIW, this should be ok for testing, but not a merge... we need to have
a single "do_mounts" code flow, not two code paths that are selected
with a switch.

That's why I see a lot of little klibc binaries, especially initially.
Moving piece-by-piece from do_mounts.c (and other places) to userspace
takes longer, but really maximizes both stability and testing of new code.

        Jeff