Re: Signal/gdb oddity in 2.5.61

From: Jeff Dike (jdike@karaya.com)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 21:34:23 EST

roland@redhat.com said:
> Anyone who wants to use an old gdb with a new kernel can use "handle
> SIGSTOP nopass". Is that a real imposition? Anyway, aside from the
> test suite, it only affects gdb users in a way that may confuse them
> for a few seconds but doesn't prevent them from debugging normally.

It may also affect UML, since it has come to know exactly what to expect
from a ptraced process. So, when you have the semantics nailed down and
implemented, can you see if UML still runs?

Not that it's a showstopper if it doesn't, but I'd like to know so I can
fiddle UML so that it continues to run.

                                Jeff