Re: via rhine bug? (timeouts and resets)

From: Roger Luethi (rl@hellgate.ch)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 10:44:49 EST

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:43:46 +0100, Henrik Persson wrote:
> I know this has been up before, but I couldn't find a solution in the
> archives that would solve my problems..

The patch attached below will definitely solve some of the problems
you're seeing (e.g. "excessive collisions" on a switch). Feedback
welcome. As I've explained in previous postings, the current event
handling is pretty broken.

I have nailed down a number of problems even this patch doesn't fix,
but it's kinda hard to build from there, since testing feedback has been
basically zero. Pretty amazing considering how common Rhine hardware
is. I guess I should write code for NUMA or ia64 instead, _they_ have
testers <g>.

You shouldn't need to force full duplex, btw.

Roger