Re: mmap inside kernel memory.

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 20:51:50 EST

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Jerome de Vivie wrote:

> Here, do_mmap check if the addresse match inside current process and
> return me -ENOMEM. Are there others functions which i could use to
> associate this file and a vmalloc'ed space ?

As I said, you don't want to mmap a file in kernel memory.
You only have 128 MB of vmalloc space and you don't want to
waste it.

If you know which addresses within the file you want to
access, why don't you access them through the page cache
functions ?

regards,

Rik

http://www.surriel.com/		http://guru.conectiva.com/