Re: 2.5.59-mm7 results with database 'benchmark'

From: Andrew Morton (akpm@digeo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 17:22:13 EST

David Mansfield <lkml@dm.cobite.com> wrote:

> The (slight) advantage that the 2.5.59 series had over the RedHat
> kernels has evaporated. But it was marginal to begin with.

Could you test 2.5.59-base? Could be that 2.5.59-mm7 is slower for some
reason.

Or it could be that the increased CPU speed now makes the load alternate
between 100% cpu-bound and 100% IO-bound rather than some combination of
both. (If you understand what I mean by this, please explain it to me some
time).