Re: [BENCHMARK] ext3, reiser, jfs, xfs effect on contest

From: Con Kolivas (conman@kolivas.net)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 09:15:06 EST

On Saturday 01 Feb 2003 12:56 am, Hans Reiser wrote:
> Try running with the -E option for gcc, it might be less CPU intensive,
> and thus a better FS benchmark.
>
> What do you think?

To be honest I have no idea. I'm not trying to find the filesystem with the
greatest throughput, but which utilises the least resources while maintaining
throughput. Perhaps we're looking for different things, but I'm open to any
suggestions; but they'll have to wait for my waking hours, and for others'
comments. These benchmarks are run manually for every stage as they are way
out of the scope of the design of contest and therefore time consuming.