Re: drivers/char/keyboard.c now unused?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 22:27:42 EST

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:41:15 +1300, Nigel Cunningham <ncunningham@clear.net.nz> said:

> I've been doing some work on porting my patches to the 2.4 version of
> software suspend to 2.5. Under 2.4, I use the shift_state variable from
> drivers/char/keyboard.c to provide interactive, step-by-step progression
> through the process. That is, there is an option for you to be able to
> press and release shift before the next stage starts. With the new input

Barely related - is there anything that supports the shift_state stuff
for accessibility issues (for instance, people with too little mobility to
hold shift and a key at the same time)? Or is that something that hasn't
even been looked at, or is the usual answer "Use an input method on the X
server"?