Re: Scaring the non-geeks (was Bootscreen)

From: Tomas Szepe (szepe@pinerecords.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 09:51:06 EST

> [murrayr@brain.org]
>
> Seems to me the best place to do the graphical thing is at the distro.
> Mandrake has been messing with GUI bootscreens for a few versions, now, and
> while I haven't been excited by the results I think it's the right place.

"Don't worry, Mr B., I have a cunning plan to solve the problem."

"Yes Baldrick, let us not forget that you tried to solve the problem
of your mother's low ceiling by cutting off her head."

"But this is a really good one. You become a dashing highwayman, then
you can pay all your bills and, on top of that, everyone'll want to
sleep with you."

Okay, anyone else has found Mandrake resemble Baldrick? Maybe it's not
so ugly-looking but their ideas are clearly of the same philosophy.

--
Tomas Szepe <szepe@pinerecords.com>