RE: Bootscreen

From: Raphael Schmid (Raphael_Schmid@CUBUS.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 03:30:29 EST

G'morning everyone,

> The linux progress patch could be what you want. I tried porting this to
> 2.4.18 and was successful in just a couple of hours. I have tested the
> thing on many systems. It worked well. If any one is interested maybe i
> can mail you the patch for 2.4.18-4.
To the farthest of my knowledge, the LPP is just an add-on to the fbdev's
(fake, ahem) capability of showing a picture at startup. But if you say it
worked for you, I'd be eager to trying out your patch. Only question: what
are you referring to with "-4"? Release 4 of your distro's 2.4.18 kernel?
2.4.18-pre4?

- Raphael