Re: [2.5] initrd/mkinitrd still not working

From: Bill Davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 12:10:49 EST

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Rusty Russell wrote:

> In message <200301201457.PAA25276@harpo.it.uu.se> you write:
> > As to why the .o -> .ko name change was necessary, I have no idea.
> > Rusty?
>
> It's getting furthur and furthur from a normal .o. Kai actually did
> the patch (that, of course, is what the K stands for 8).

Yeah, I think I noted that .ko was a good idea, just to prevent confusion.
However, the original post I made was sort of a subtle hint, let me stop
beating around the bush: how about adding mkinitrd to the other module
stuff before 0.9.9 is really released, using the same .old technique used
for insmod et al? It would allow people doing testing of both 2.4 and 2.5
kernels to stop fighting build issues.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc