driver address space

From: nitin kumbhar (nkumbhar@rediffmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 09:06:11 EST

Hello,
         I have a small query about kernel image organization. i am
using
2.4.7 kernel version.Is there any data structure in kernel which
will give
information about _all_ kernel symbols? i could get the data
structure
which gives _exported_ symbols only. But not all symbols. Using
this
structure i want to access information about functions present in
a driver,
which can be used to find out address range(_start_address_ &
_end_address_) of the driver in kernel address space.
         It is possible to get this information about functions in a
driver
using System.map. to get this information into kernel can we push
the
content of this file into kernel image? i think this can be done
either by
putting it at specific address or appending the image. Will it be
OK to
access System.map(all kernel symbols) in this way from kernel?
Could
this cause any security or some other problems?
         Or apart from this is there any other way to find out driver's
address range in the kernel?

         I hope this not something totally out of context. Thank You.

Regards,
Nitin