[2.4.21-pre3] APIC routing broken on ASUS P2B-DS

From: Simon Kirby (sim@netnation.com)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 19:49:06 EST

Something broke between 2.4.20 and 2.4.21-pre3 which is causing
interrupts to not be routed the second CPU. I saw the problem on one box
and copied the kernel to another which then had the same problem (both
ASUS P2B-DS boards, one with PIII CPUs, one with PII CPUs).

[sroot@devel:/]# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0 CPU1
  0: 114480 0 IO-APIC-edge timer
  1: 2 0 IO-APIC-edge keyboard
  2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade
  8: 3 0 IO-APIC-edge rtc
 16: 30707 0 IO-APIC-level eth0
 19: 3260 0 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
NMI: 0 0
LOC: 114405 114404
ERR: 0
MIS: 0

With 2.4.20:

[sroot@devel:/root]# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0 CPU1
  0: 23627 27340 IO-APIC-edge timer
  1: 0 2 IO-APIC-edge keyboard
  2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade
  8: 2 1 IO-APIC-edge rtc
 16: 1671 2 IO-APIC-level eth0
 19: 965 979 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
NMI: 0 0
LOC: 50893 50891
ERR: 0
MIS: 0

...If nobody knows what happened immediately, I'll try narrowing it down
to the patch.

Simon-

[ Simon Kirby ][ Network Operations ]
[ sim@netnation.com ][ NetNation Communications ]
[ Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. ]