Re: Status of Modules?

From: Mark Fasheh (mark.fasheh@oracle.com)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 15:45:07 EST

Along with Rustys new module-init-tools (required to get started - I
downloaded mine from
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules/ ) I had to apply
this patch:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=104284883805276&w=2 to make
modules on 2.5.59 load without hard locking my kernel. I believe there's
newer/better versions of this fix on the list -- you might want to check the
archives.
        --Mark

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 07:43:15AM -0500, Emmett Pate wrote:
> What's the status of the module loading code? I've been compiling them into
> the kernel since something around 2.5.3x when the code was rewritten. I'd
> like to begin using a few modules again (especially some PCMCIA stuff). Is
> there any documentation explaining what will be necessary for 2.5 to use
> modules?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Emmett Pate
>
> -