Re: [WAY OFFTOPIC] RMS and reactions to him (best viewed in times new roman)

From: Dean McEwan (dean.mcewan@eudoramail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 16:33:08 EST

One fateful day, Mr Stallman was walking along and suddenly decided "hey wouldn't it be
fun if I took apart that printer?", after finding out he was too "different" to figure out how
a high tech water pistol worked, he vowed to "never allow Lexmark to overwhelm me again"...

Thus the FSF was created, a breed of men, women and followers like Hell.Surfers (me) who,
wanted to see the source code for everything...

This was a good idea until a company (NVidia) decided they would use code they shouldn't use,
because the executive said "Hey who cares, anyway?" except Hell.Surfers did, he had just walked
out in front of a car marked "Bad Idea", and thought somebody would care...

Except everybody in the community was now receiving cheques for users using NVidia cards who
wouldn't otherwise be using this stuff they had written, Hell.Surfers was mighty pissed, until
he realised, "hang on, nobody cares", and thus he descretly offered a
retraction.

Then he thought hang on, "what was Mr. Stallman doing whilst this was happening?" "Zit" came
the words of St. Ignutious, "I was blabbering on about how I made some of it too", "nobody
cares" screamed the choir of followers, suddenly realising "Hey the Sun Microsystems licence
ain't that bad", as Mr. Stallman/St. Ignutious/ sat around
doing a odd jig, people began to say hey "he's a bit 'different' really"...

Mr. Surfers (who's not anonymous, just likes riding strong currents of opposition), began to
slowly realise that the nice people at NVidia were not however doing a favour and had something to gain
(more users) and shouldn't be begged, nay, prayed for forgiveness, they were after all
a bunch of people who kept breaking the kernel, Mr. Surfers also realised, their code wasnt
worth GPL'ing, it was after all, one of the only modules to make the kernel crash occasionally...

Then Hell realised "Would Mr. Stallman know a graphics card if he was electrocuted from pissing
on it?", the answer Ignutious gave was "NO, IM NOT A PROGRAMMER, IM JUST A VOICE",
as the rest of the FSF put him back in his cage, Hell began to think, wow thats why you shouldn't
rattle it. "Hes, erm, 'different'".

"NUTS, back to the drawing board" Mr. Surfers said, as he wandered
off into dodgy KGI code.

---
Deano. LMAO.

FEEL FREE TO USE ANY OF THAT IN A SIGNATURE, ESPECIALLY TYKETTO, WHO SAYS HE IS REWRITING THE KERNEL IN SGML/HTML/APPLE/M$ VISUAL C++/DOG FAECIES/AND ANY THING ELSE HE HANDLES ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS.

Need a new email address that people can remember Check out the new EudoraMail at http://www.eudoramail.com - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/