Re: BLKBSZSET still not working on 2.4.18 ?

From: Andries Brouwer (aebr@win.tue.nl)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 10:26:34 EST

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 12:28:36PM +0100, Ludovic Drolez wrote:

> >You can test 2.5. If it is wrong there I must submit a patch.

> It seems to work perfectly with 2.5.56

Excellent.

> But, I'm still reluctant to use an unstable kernel for backuping a
> partition. But maybe the 2.5 is stable enough to read blocks from
> IDE/SCSI drives, and send them over NFSv2 / IPv4 ?

Stable / unstable is not a binary decision. Some things are broken
in 2.4. Many things are broken in 2.5. Still I use 2.5.recent
on a daily basis without meeting bad problems (if I refrain from
inserting and removing USB devices).
Try, and if it works for you, fine. But no guarantees given.

Andries