Re: panic during boot: 2.5.53 on alpha

From: Jason Papadopoulos (jasonp@boo.net)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 11:04:42 EST

> The 2.5 is known to have problems with certain IDE chipsets.
> Please try appended patch.

After the patch is applied, the kernel finishes initializing the IDE
chipset and then hangs; every so often the message "hda: lost interrupt"
gets printed. For the record, the controller here is an ALI 1543.

On another note, I'm not subscribed to linux-kernel; I read it through
one of the web archives. Is there any resource I can use that will avoid
HTML-mangling the patches that are posted? It's getting really annoying
having to manually clean up posted code.

Thanks,
jasonp