Create and send packet from kernel

From: Jelena Mirkovic (sunshine@CS.UCLA.EDU)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 21:26:18 EST

I am trying (in vain) to create and send a single TCP packet from kernel,
from scratch (i.e. sk_buff and sock both need to be created and
initialized). I read the source code for various functions in net and
net/ipv4 but I am not sure I am doing all steps and in correct order, as
the kernel keeps crashing. Is there a sample code someone could send me or
a good book on this matter? I am using 2.4.9 version.

If this question is not appropriate for this list, could someone point me
to more suitable list?

Thanks
Jelena