Re: ATI Radeon IGP 320M and Kern. 2.4.21-pre2 Warnings/Problems...

From: Roel Teuwen (Roel.Teuwen@advalvas.be)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 10:46:27 EST

On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 04:40, Mark F. wrote:
> Hello

Hi Mark,

> In trying to help out the issue with the Radeon IGP Chipsets, I have posted
> out the problems that occured on my system. This is a Readon IGP 320M chip,
> running on a Compaq 900Z. BTW, these logs don't include loading sound
> driver. Sound driver cause the my hda, hdc links to timeout, and the hard
> drives are completely inaccesable till i remake kernel without them.

I have succeeded in loading the sound drivers after removing line 3379
from trident.c :

pci_write_config_byte(pci_dev, 0xB8, ~temp);

As described on :

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103962262721310&w=2

I'm not sure about your other problems, but adding the ACPI patch (and
enabling it), enabling Local APIC and IO-APIC for single processor fixed
all other problems I saw with this laptop (not sure which of these
options was the key). I still use the vesa driver for XFree86 though.

Best regards,

Roel