Re: Intel P6 vs P7 system call performance

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 13:49:25 EST

On 22 Dec 2002, James H. Cloos Jr. wrote:

> I presume *%gs:0x18 is only for shared objects?

No, it's for everything, but it requires a glibc that has set it up.

Uli, do you make public snapshots available so that people can test the
new libraries and maybe see system-wide performance issues?

(It would also be good for testing - I've tried to be _very_ careful
inside the kernel, but in the end wide testing is always a good idea)

                Linus