Re: [2.4.21-p2] more VIA-IDE problems

From: Helmut Jarausch (jarausch@skynet.be)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 11:53:28 EST

John Bradford wrote

> > beginning with 2.4.21-pre1 the kernel disables DMA on my
> > regular ATA harddrives.

snip

> I think that they are superflous debugging messages, and that DMA is
>
> actually re-enabled silently afterwards. I could be wrong, though.

Probably you are right.

I've just run bonnie++ (1.93) with 2.4.20 and 2.4.21-pre2
and there are NO significant differences.

Sorry for the noise!

Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik RWTH - Aachen University D 52056 Aachen, Germany - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/