Re: RFC: bus_type and device_class merge (or partial merge)

From: Adam J. Richter (adam@yggdrasil.com)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 04:00:45 EST

>If you're interested, I've finished a paper for linux.conf.au on the
>driver model that should describe the various objects and purposes (much
>better than the Ottawa paper did). You can find it at:
>
>http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mochel/doc/lca/driver-model-lca2003.tar.gz

        Thanks. I've read it now. Here is a proposed patch. The
only substantive change is a correction to the misunderstanding about
the risk of bus driver modules being unloaded (you might want to
delete the second paragraph that I added). I've cc'ed linux-kernel
as others might want to comment that proposed change.

        The other changes are just typos and one TeX quirk (apparentlyd
underscores don't have to be escaped in "verbatim" sections).

--
Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   575 Oroville Road
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  Milpitas, California 95035