Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Type confusion in fbcon

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 16:30:56 EST

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 06:10:17PM +0000, James Simmons wrote:
> > I'll get back to bashing the sa1100fb driver to work out why fbcon is
> > producing a _completely_ blank display, despite characters being written
> > to it.
>
> Did you figure out what was wrong?

Firstly, setting fix.line_length to zero (which the old API didn't care
about) caused one set of problems.

Secondly, the sa1100fb set_par function doesn't set the var RGB elements -
that's left to the check_var function. Originally, we effectively did
a fb_set_var which took care of that for us. Now we explicitly call
our check_var implementation prior to registering the framebuffer
driver with the fbcon core.

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux