Type confusion in fbcon

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 18:14:15 EST

I'm in the midst of porting sa1100fb over to the new fb API, and I stumbled
across an apparant confusion over the type of fb_info->pseudo_palette.

Some code appears to think its an unsigned long, others think its u32.
This doesn't make much difference when sizeof(unsigned long) == sizeof(u32)
but this isn't always the case (eg, 64-bit architectures).

I'll get back to bashing the sa1100fb driver to work out why fbcon is
producing a _completely_ blank display, despite characters being written
to it.

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux