Re: 2.4.19, don't "hdparm -I /dev/hde" if hde is on a Asus A7V133 Promise ctrlr, or...

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 05:33:40 EST

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Denis Vlasenko wrote:

> On 19 December 2002 08:19, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> > Promise knows this point.
> > Thus they moved the setting to a push/pull in the vendor space in the
> > dma_base+1 and dma_base+3 respectively.
> > lspci -vvvxxx fails when the content is located in bar4 io space.
>
> Neither I nor original bug reporter (I think) did understand
> a bit what you said. Can we plead for IDE -> English translation?
> ;)
> If lspci is of no help, what can we use instead?

They move the setting which were readable in the asic from PCI space in
the 20246/47/62/65/67 into a sense mode of the asic sniffing the contents
of the taskfile registers to internally do the same thing but hide it all.

The new 20268/69/7* report all zeros in the PCI space.

ioperm()

But be prepared to roast your data.

I do not have a good answer!

Andre Hedrick