How to get the size of the block device ???? (Important)

From: Sanjay Kumar (sanju93csd@yahoo.co.in)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 09:22:47 EST

Hi,
  I am Sanjay Kumar and wants to write my own file
system on Linux. I have almost written the code.
  But,now i have a problem while writing the code
for "mkfs" for my filesystem.

Problem Summary : I need the size of the block device
in bytes on which my file system will be created.
Actually, there is a feild in the super block, needs
the total no of blocks on the device while while
creating the filesystem. So, Can you Plz. help me out
of this problem.

I got your email id from :

 http://lwn.net/2001/0906/a/last-sector.php3

Sanjay Kumar.