Re: JDIRTY JWAIT errors in 2.4.19

From: Oleg Drokin (green@namesys.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 01:46:16 EST

Hello!

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 10:37:41PM -0800, Tupshin Harper wrote:
> >Can you please execute SysRq-T, decode it with ksymoops and send us the
> >result?
> I have succeeded in reproducing this problem at will (and
> deterministically) with a SysRq enabled kernel.

Ok.

> I can reproduce the problem consistently by doing a cp -av of a
> directory(haven't tried other cp permutations, guessing it wouldn't make
> a difference) containing three mp3 files from one location on a
> partition to another location on the same reiserfs partition. During the
> third file, cp hangs(continues to use 80%+ of the CPU), and is
> unkillable. A few minutes later, it starts generating the same JDIRTY
> error messages that I reported before.

Can you please produce a metadump data for us?
use debugreiserfs -p /dev/yourdevice | gzip -9c >metadata.gz
then tell us where we can get that file.
Also please use recent reiserfsprogs for that operation
(e.g. version 3.6.4 available from us: ftp://ftp.namesys.com/pub/reiserprogs )

> I have not tried to do any kind of reiserfs check or repair on the
> filesystem, and I can trigger this problem at any point if you would
> like me to test further.

Let's see if we can reproduce it locally after you give us the metadata.

Thank you.

Bye,
    Oleg