Re: ACPI patches updated (20021111)

From: Zed Pobre (zed@resonant.org)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 10:01:13 EST

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 01:33:03PM -0800, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> Will this fix problems with IRQ routing.
> On our SMP test machines, ACPI has to be disabled otherwise the SCSI
> disk controllers don't work.

    As a further data point, if ACPI is enabled on my non-SMP test
machine, USB stops working.

> This is a major pain, and ACPI should be default off until it gets
> fixed.

    Well, this kind of goes both ways, unfortunately. If ACPI is
disabled on that same test machine, the network stops working,
complaining about possible IRQ conflicts (I sent mail earlier about
this but got not response).

--
Zed Pobre <zed@debian.org> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <zed@resonant.org>
PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.