Re: md on shared storage

From: Eric Weigle (ehw@lanl.gov)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 10:35:42 EST

> I ask because I seem to be having some strange problems with an md device
> on shared storage(Qlogic FC controllers). The qlogic drivers spit out
> messages for about 20-60 lines then the machines lock up. So the drivers
If those messages look like "no handle slots, this should not happen" and
you're running a 2.4.x kernel there's a known problem with the qlogicfc
driver locking up the machine under high load. It's been fixed in 2.5,
but I don't think it's been back-ported yet.

So, aside from the _other_ problems induced by shared storage, this might
be biting you too. :)

See:
        http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0209.0/0467.html

Thanks,