Duplicated code in grab_cache_page, __grab_cache_page, ...

From: Brice Goglin (bgoglin@ens-lyon.fr)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 06:06:01 EST

Hi,

I noticed a large part of code which looks duplicated
in __grab_cache_page, grab_cache_page (and some parts of
do_generic_file_read (in the "no_cached_page:" section))
in mm/filemap.c.

I do not see the real difference between grab_cache_page
and __grab_cache_page (except the additional
"struct page *cached_page" argument).
The fact that the first one is exported while the second
one is static looks strange to me.
Why not exporting both of them if the are really different ?
Or why not merging them into a general purpose grab_cache_page ?

I've seen some small changes during 2.5 developpement
(grab_cache_page moved to pagemap.h, __grab_cache_page
got a new argument).
I'd like to know whether you planned to clean this point
in future 2.5 revisions ?

Regards

--
Brice Goglin,
Laboratoire de l'Informatique du Parallelisme