Re: devfs

From: Dave Jones (davej@codemonkey.org.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 05:46:50 EST

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 10:25:35AM +0000, Ian Molton wrote:
> > Again, WE ARE IN FEATURE FREEZE.
> And since when did feature freeze affect, as the guy said, *purely*
> userspace implementations?

 Since it would a *feature* to move it out of kernel space.
 To reiterate : _FEATURE_ _FREEZE_. Nothing[1] new[2]
 should be going into mainline at this point.

 We should now be in the stabilising period, where we don't require
 testers to have to upgrade their userspace every fortnight.

                Dave

[1] Rusty's modules rewrite and whatever else Linus queed up
    seems to have exemption from this rule. Hopefully there
    isn't too much of this stuff.
[2] Where 'new' can also mean 'bloody large reimplementation'