recvfrom/recvmsg

From: Paul Larson (plars@linuxtestproject.org)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 16:59:24 EST

I was looking through the ltp test recvfrom01 and saw that test #4 is
failing where it did not used to fail. I think the test program is
partially at fault here since it was expecting it to pass when you call
recvfrom with fromlen == -1.

Right now (2.5.46-bk current) I'm getting -1, errno 22 returned, but in
2.5.46 it was passing without error. Was this change intentional
(probably) and is that the correct errno to return. I checked SuS, but
I don't see anything related to that exact condition.

There is another test in the same program that also looks like it should
be failing. Recvfrom, testcase 3 tries to do a recvfrom with (struct
sockaddr *)-1 passed as the from buffer. Right now, it is passing
without an error, but that doesn't seem correct.

The same exact situation happens in recvmsg01.

Thanks,
Paul Larson