Urgent patch for SX.

From: Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 12:28:41 EST

Hi Marcello,

Somone messed with the SX driver in 2.4.19. It now detects some cards
twice (both as a V1 and as a V2 card). And as there end up being no
"interlocks", the card is entered twice in the "list of cards".

This is fixed by adding a check for Version 1 when we really are
really probing for a V1 card and the other way around.

It would be very nice if this could still be accepted into 2.4.20, as
a bunch of people are bitten by this....

Honesty requires me to tell you that I haven't been able to fully test
this: I don't have a Version 1 card. But it has been tested with a
Version 2 card and it fixes the double detection problem there. So,
worst case, I think we'll hose support for version 1 cards, produced
in the late nineteen-eighties, or early nineteen-nineties....

                                Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
* The Worlds Ecosystem is a stable system. Stable systems may experience *