RE: idle=poll needed??

From: Reed, Timothy A (timothy.a.reed@lmco.com)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 06:24:58 EST

We are not concerned with power use.

What it is we are running is a math intensive program. When the sub uses
the idle flag and run their test they get a run time of 370ms, when they do
not use the flag they get a run time of 255ms. Yes I know that 115ms is not
much of a difference, but in our application it could be. I have asked them
to send me a copy of their sim so that I may attempt to reproduce it here
and reevaluate our kernel build options.

We need to do much more testing. My opinion is that we won't be able to
decide until we get all of the pieces into system integration.

Thanks,
Timothy Reed
Software Engineer \ Systems Administrator
Lockheed Martin - NE & SS Syracuse
Email: timothy.a.reed@lmco.com

The Box Said "Requires Windows 95 or Better", so I installed Linux!