Re: 2.4.20-rc1 and udma with VIA kt8235

From: Joshua Jackson (linux-kernel@vortech.net)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 20:02:20 EST

I have been using the following modification for a couple of weeks now to both
the 2.4.19 and 2.4.20-pre11 kernels on an MSI KT3 Ultra2 board (has the 8235
southbridge) and have not had any problems with the hard drives or DVD/CDRW
drives in the system running in UDMA mode.

The code modification comes from a patch that was posted to the list a while
back by Vojtech.

--
Joshua Jackson
http://www.coyotelinux.com

On Monday 04 November 2002 6:27 pm, Christian Guggenberger wrote: > Marcello, Vojtech, > > would you please incorporate the patch which lets udma work on a VIA kt8235 > Southbridge in one of the next 2.4.20-rc releases? > I know, it would work with 2.5 series but that's not an alternative for me > now. > > Christian > - > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in > the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org > More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html > Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/