[Q] how to mount ext2 partition accidentally mounted as ext3

From: Andrey Panin (pazke@orbita1.ru)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 02:52:52 EST

Hello all,

Currently I'm working on resurrection of SGI Visual Workstation support
for 2.5 and some progress was made last week.
VISWS kernel even mounts root fs now (doesn't matter thet framebuffer driver
can't draw anything on the screen and uhci-hcd doesn't work :))

But I made one stupid mistake: EXT3 filesystem was enabled in .config file
used for VISWS kernel compilation. So after the first boot of this kernel,
I found that old 2.2.10 kernel making my VISWS self hosting can't mount
root fs complaining about nonsupported filesystem feature.

My question is how can I make this fs mountable by 2.2.10 again ?

Best regards.

P.S. Does anyone on this planet owns VISWS datasheets ?

--
Andrey Panin            | Embedded systems software developer
pazke@orbita1.ru        | PGP key: wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net