Re: Kconfig (qt) -> Gconfig (gtk)

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert (gilbertd@treblig.org)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 18:28:36 EST

* Patrick Finnegan (pat@purdueriots.com) wrote:
> On 2 Nov 2002, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2002-11-02 at 20:36, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> > > Oh please....
> > > Wouldn't it be more helpful to iron the (few) small glitches out of the
> > > qt based one than write a new one just because you don't happen to like
> > > the library?
> >
> > Lota of installations have gtk but don't have qt.
>
> And a lot of installations have QT but not GTK... This feels like a vi vs
> emacs discussion.
>
> Personally, it makes no difference to me which library is used. I'm
> doubtful I'll use anything other than menuconfig unless it makes my life a
> *whole* lot easier. I'd say 'choose one and get on with it.'

Exactly my point. I just don't see the point in spending the neuron
hours on both.

But you guys who are worried about space and dependencies always can:
   1) use menuconfig
         2) Write one in Tcl/Tk which is nice and small and portable and has
         few dependencies......oh we've been there.

Dave
 ---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM, SPARC and HP-PA | In Hex /