Re: Linux v2.5.45 ipmr.c compile failure

From: Randy.Dunlap (rddunlap@osdl.org)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 18:35:49 EST

| net/ipv4/ipmr.c: In function `ipmr_forward_finish':
| net/ipv4/ipmr.c:1114: structure has no member named `pmtu'
| net/ipv4/ipmr.c: In function `ipmr_queue_xmit':
| net/ipv4/ipmr.c:1170: structure has no member named `pmtu'

Several people reported this problem in 2.5.45.

I don't know how tough it is to check all combinations of config
options for such build problems, and I don't know how much code
and/or options there are in linux/net/ compared to linux/drivers/usb/,
but when I was the USB maintainer, before sending patches to Linus,
I would use a script to build all of USB in-kernel and then build all
of USB as loadable modules. This helped me make sure that easy-to-catch
problems didn't happen.

just an idea...

--
~Randy
(OK, net/ is about double the size of usb/)