Re: What's left over.

From: Rusty Russell (rusty@rustcorp.com.au)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 17:28:48 EST

In message <1036157418.12693.19.camel@irongate.swansea.linux.org.uk> you write:
> On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 21:02, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > hosed/screaming, and various mid-layers are dying. For LKCD to be of
> > any use, it needs to _skip_ the block layer and talk directly to
> > low-level drivers.
>
> Rusty wrote a polled IDE driver that should handle some subset of that

Yes, patch has bitrotted but updating should be trivial. There's
enough there that you get the idea though: frankly, it's noninvasive
enough for entry during the 2.6.x series, so it's been down on my
list:

        http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/patches/Misc/oopser.patch.gz

I'd love someone to take this for a spin and tweak it up...
Rusty.