Patch?: linux-2.5.45/net - __secpath_destroy made net depend on ipv4

From: Adam J. Richter (adam@yggdrasil.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 06:45:00 EST

        In linux-2.5.45, the core networking code calls
__secpath_destroy via the static inline routine secpath_put in
include/net/xfrm.h. However, __secpath destroy is defined in
ipv4. So, I believe that compiling networking without ipv4
will result in a kernel that fails to link (haven't actually
tried it), and it also causes problems for anyone who has
tweaked ipv4 into a loadable module (which is my case; I posted
patches long ago and would be happy to post them again if there
is interest).

        Here is a possible patch that creates a secpath_destroy_hook,
although I hope that a cleaner and safer solution can be found (safer
because hook variables if multiple modules save and restore the old
values of the hook variable in some order other than
last-in-first-out).

        I'm littering linux-kernel with this patch also because I
think __secpath_destroy comes from ipsec and those maintainers might
not be on the netdev and linux-net lists.

--
Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   575 Oroville Road
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  Milpitas, California 95035