Re: RFC: bare pci configuration access functions ?

From: Greg KH (greg@kroah.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 00:38:42 EST

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 08:52:24PM -0800, Lee, Jung-Ik wrote:
> Minor fix to the code.
> A patch to a flying patch ;-)

Ok, maybe just because I've eaten too much candy tonight, but I do not
understand where you are trying to go with this odd pseudo code.

What's wrong with the _existing_ pci_config_read() and
pci_config_write() function pointers that ia64 and i386 have? Can't you
just look into if the other archs can set them to the proper function in
their pci init functions too?

thanks,

greg k-h