Re: Xiafs inclusion in 2.5?

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 21:39:03 EST

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:

> Out of curiosity, would you reaccept xiafs in 2.5, if it was cleaned up and
> forward ported to use the new interfaces?

Quite frankly, I probably _would_ accept it, if it's cleanly done. If only
because of the fact that it's such a ridiculous thing to do, and thus gets
high points on my "surreality meter".

> And if you accept it, what's the latest date I could submit it? Technically,
> it is a regression, ;-) so the feature freeze date might not apply.

Yeah, I think xiafs has little to do with a feature freeze. It has little
to do with sanity too, for that matter. I saw that Andries still has one
xia floppy somewhere, and that probably puts him in a rather unique
position. I can't imagine that very many people really care, but it's a
ironic form of retrocomputing...

                Linus