How to get a local IPv4 address from within a kernel module?

From: Juan Gomez (juang@us.ibm.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 19:52:05 EST

Is there any standard way of doing this? I looked into ipv4 code but I did
not find a function that would provide a direct, clean way to query the
local IPv4 addresses of a given node.
If this information is not available could we create an interface for it?
Any suggestions on the way to do it?

The interfaces provided to user-level applications do the copy to/from user
that I guess will not work with kernel modules...

Juan