An AOL for ext[23] ea/acl support

From: Joseph Fannin (jhf@rivenstone.net)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 14:56:09 EST

    I want to say I hope very much that the extended attribute and
access control lists patches for ext2 and ext3 go into the kernel
before the feature freeze. I've been running and using Andreas
Grünbacher's patches for 2.4 for around a year now, setting ACLs on
files in SAMBA shares from Windows NT clients. It's very useful, and
given me no trouble at all.

    ACL support for SAMBA is a common reason given on the linux-xfs
list by people using XFS -- it's a feature desired by more people than
me -- and it can be configured out of the kernel if anyone is very
worried about their data.

    Wow, that's a really inopertune signature.

--
Joseph Fannin
jhf@rivenstone.net

"Linus, please apply. Breaks everything. But is cool." -- Rusty Russell.